Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Frappy

I've been stressed lately. Really stressed. I couldn't even begin to tell you why though and believe it or not, I don't think my 2 jobs and upcoming week of creative hell (lots of projects due) has anything to do with it.

I don't want to sound depressed or emo, because it's not like that, but I feel like something is missing. Though everything seems to be going according to plan, something is not right in The World of Jordan. I wish I knew what it was so I could get rid of this anxious pit in my stomach.

I feel like I've been given everything: so many doors have been opening for me and in that sense I couldn't be happier, but it really just goes to show that just like money can't buy happiness, neither can living your dreams.

Happiness is contained within the soul, and in order for it to emerge in your life I believe you must reach a level of consciousness with yourself and the abstract world around you. Nothing secular can bring it to surface, it's spiritual and with that, I've decided to begin to explore the spiritual realm.

I've never been a religious person and don't think I ever will be. There lies an immense difference in religiousness and spirituality, they are not the same thing; thus, I plan to become more spiritual. I'm done ignoring the idea of God just because it's too hard for me to wrap my head around. This is the year I remove the label of being an "agnostic" and search for something to believe in; search for happiness.

1 comment:

  1. been struggling with the exact same thing, actually. the whole "I'm-lucky-to-have-this-life" thing and not knowing why it's not satisfying.
    good luck to you and i hope you figure it out.
    but sometimes you can't figure everything out and you just have to accept that too.
    either way, I always try to wake up every day thankful that I was able to wake up that day. and remind myself that this day isn't going to be perfect (or maybe even a good one), but at least i get to live it. :)

    ReplyDelete